Wednesday 5 January 2011

So what did you get for Christmas?!


Well I would love to know what people got for Christmas especially if it was camera related but first I'm going to tell you what I got in my stocking! Christmas morning full of expectation and utter chaos with three kids around but I was most definitely surprised this year. Superheadz came to visit and left me a wonderful Digital Harinezumi2++, hehe I was in heaven! Now there was also a strange feeling acompanying this present as I haven't really had anything digital for some time and I have been dabbling in the world of plastic cams for a while now so it was quite a novelty to me to have instant image... once I had sussed the correct buttons and deciphered the extra instructions for the new functions that had been added to this model, I was away.

I'm not sure yet if it really can be closely associated with the same feel of Super 8 film, I used to love splicing my old Canon films and have promised myself that one day I shall get around to scanning them in and using imovie to edit them, well I have promised!

Back to the 'Zumi2++' it is already a permanent feature in my bag and for some reason it has also sat on my dashboard whilst I have driven, the quality of detail and light was amazing considering. The monochrome at night gave a lovely tone and I was surprised at how much it captured, you have two settings of 100ASA and 800ASA. Sound is also great, though so far it has crunched out when background was too loud, that's fair enough, I have also found it has a tendency to pick up your phone signal so if filming keep the phone out of range if you want a clear soundtrack, it is useful to have the option to disable any of the features and the functions will become second nature very quickly. The potential for this is fantastic and I have plans already! the few images added here are obviously just tests, lots of fun on the way as I believe there is another upgrade with the 2+++ will it ever end!

I shall add more pics as I download them.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations with your new toy.

    The image quality of the zumi2++ looks more toy-like than the IQ of the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete